Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sublime Ridiculousness

That's it, I'm announcing the birth of a new anime genre: "Ridiculousness." All the utter ridiculousness I've seen this week from anime had broken my brain. Otaku culture is so flipping hilarious, man.


1. Space Dandy's One Hell of a Ride

I didn't expect much from this show, not at all. Space Dandy was riding the boobs and ass jokes a little too hard for my comfort. That aside, what really makes the show weird is the way it builds momentum each episode. The first ten minutes or so before commercial are SO DULL in Space Dandy. It's enough to turn any viewers away, if not for the insane second half every episode has. The pacing jumps from 0 to 60 and in an eye blink, I'm captivated by Space Dandy. What's even more beautiful is that there's no way to predict how episodes will end. Dandy ends up dead half the time. This week's episode ends with Dandy being blown up in a race and traveling to an alternate dimension. Weird shit, man.


2. Kill la Kill Episode 18

Speaking of complete surprises, Kill la Kill had a good ten plot twists in episode 18. After Satsuki impales her mother, mom walks away unaffected and seizes control of the Honnouji students to slaughter her traitorous daughter. What follows is the ultimate display of Satsuki Kiryuin's badass skills. I think I'm in love, guys.

Please watch this one, guys. It will restore your faith in anime.



3. Namco High: Such a Letdown

In non-anime news, I played Namco High, a browser game on Shiftylook.com. I was expecting a lot from this game. It has a Wonder Momo character in it, guys! You all know how much I like Wonder Momo. Unfortunately, the game's a drag. I wrote an article about it for GoBoiano, which won't be published for another month, when GoBoiano gets out of beta. I'll be sure to share my lamentations with you.


4. Wonder Momo Anime!

Speaking of Wonder Momo, the classic Namco franchise is about to debut an anime. THIS MONTH! I found out a few days ago. Boy, am I happy!

 

5. BLEACH

Catching a glimpse of Bleach on Toonami, I noticed a new character: Nozomi. She's cute, really cute.


This post is done, guys. I still gotta write that Ghost Pain review. I've been caught up with classes. If this GoBoiano job turns out well, I'd like to drop out soon. When making films requires me to spend money I don't have, I think it's time for me to get a job. I can always produce movies once the money issue is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment