Friday, August 31, 2012

Musings of the Editor in Chief



Hello world. With the closing of summer marks the last few episodes of this anime season, not to mention the end of my vacation time. With college right around the corner, I'll take the opportunity to write about what The Anime Guardians has been up to and where we might be going.

Our Facebook page has become a hodge-podge of content from our blogsite, Goboiano.com, and just about every other anime news network out there. I think this is a good thing; seeing as how we don't do anything other than anime reviews, it's nice to get a variety of content up. Because I do weekly reviews for GoBoiano on a few anime this season, a lot of what goes up is from that site. Think of it as cross-promotion. The Anime Guardians will still be working on exclusive content, but not as frequently. Special mention should go out to Tom Falletta for his Cowboy Bebop: The Movie video review, and Shaine Scalph for his debut review on Elfen Lied.

With the new college semester only a few days away, the staff and I seriously have to work on managing our time. This may mean that fewer posts are put up on the website, but I hope this doesn't come to pass. I realized a few months ago that sustaining a blog like this requires a lot of work. It's safe to say that we've contributed more content-rich posts in a matter of months than most blogs do in several years. That being said, there's truth to the saying, "A candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long." Once The Anime Guardians reaches its first birthday, I will seriously consider whether or not the blog will stay up. I have no intention of letting this site, which has been meticulously maintained since December, die off silently from lack of updates. We'll see what happens. At the least, we've always been a place for writers to master their craft. Perhaps that will be good enough reason to keep things going.

As for what I've been doing with my vacation time, I've found myself watching shows I normally wouldn't go out of my way to view, such as Madoka Magica and Clannad. My co-worker and friend at GoBoiano, Kathryn, has been suggesting anime to me. I'll be the first to admit that there's a million shows I haven't seen yet. Rapidly expanding upon my body of knowledge is now a fixation of mine, and a good one considering my job as a critic. If only I had more time...

That's all there is to report for now. You should all expect my thorough review on Madoka in a matter of hours. It was certainly not what I expected, and anyone who has been on the blog a while should know how much I love ambitious anime.


Elijah Lee
Editor in Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment