Friday, August 10, 2012

MUSINGS OF THE EDITOR IN CHIEF



Wow, does time fly! We've been online for a good eight months now. I think that's cause to celebrate, don't you?

I think we've got a lot to be proud of here at The Anime Guardians. Eight months ago, when I started this endeavor, I wasn't doing too well emotionally. It's nice to see that something good can always come out of a bad situation. I always tell Kate, a fellow employee and good friend at GoBoiano, "Remember the drill!" a reference to Gurren Lagann's emphasis on always bettering oneself and striving for the stars. It's a good life lesson, one that has served me well.

We've got some new staff on board. Shaine, a friend of mine and former GoBoiano co-worker, is going to be writing for the blog as well. He should be a great addition to the team, since I know he loves anime and Japanese pop culture. Maybe I'll create a special section on the blog for him to post other interesting Japanese info. Perhaps...

Alex, Jhossue, Tom and now Shaine are all part of the staff here. Their contributions are proof of the fact that there are truly benevolent people in the world. We don't get paid here, though I wish I did generate money from the blog. But that's a whole other issue. The contributions of the staff also show that a good friend should be willing to help you achieve your dreams. With luck, their writing here can help them get future positions writing for other companies (that can afford to pay them, of course). It's how I landed my job at GoBoiano, by using this blog as a portfolio pieces.

What's in store for The Anime Guardians? Shaine should be making his debut with a review on Elfen Lied, an anime I honestly couldn't get into. I'll be putting up a review on Shiki soon. Jhossue gives us his review on Gundam Unicorn OVA 2. As for Alex and Tom, I don't sweat them too much. Alex has something in the works, and Tom's a little busy since he became an editor at GoBoiano. I'm happy for him; I suggested he apply for the job since the site's in desperate need of someone willing to sift through writing. Speaking of GoBoiano, I was recently promoted to Head of Reviews, which means I edit and approve of the other reviews I'm sure to receive real soon from the other writers. It's a cool networking site, though still buggy since we're in the beta stage.

It's been lovely writing this Musings entry. I do enjoy reaching out to those who are keeping up with the blog's progress. Sorry the reviews haven't been coming in at the rate they used to. Strange enough, it was easier to put up reviews when I was back at college. I can't explain it, and if I could it probably wouldn't make sense anyway. I'll fix that soon enough, since school's right around the corner. Sayonara!


Elijah Lee
Editor in Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

1 comment: