Friday, February 24, 2012

Musings of the Editor-in-Chief


Hello world, this is Elijah Lee, The Anime Guardians' Editor-in-Chief. Boy, have we been busy these past few weeks!


Alex, our recently acquired contributing writer, has posted two reviews to date. I'm proud to have him on staff. His writing has quickly improved and I think he deserves some applause. It's not easy for him and myself to maintain the site and post reviews on a regular basis; we have college obligations, and Alex is also on a sports team here, so he must practice almost every night. For now, this is something we do because we enjoy it, not because we're paid. I'd like to change that soon, but for now we get no prestige, and it isn't too bad.

On another note, I finished both Eden of the East and Eureka Seven a few days ago. I haven't worked myself up to writing the reviews yet. Eureka Seven, as I'll explain in the review to come, took a lot of energy out of me. I don't even know how to begin discussing that anime. It's an unforgettable show, to be sure. In addition to overcoming those obstacles, in general I've been feeling a bit unmotivated, and that's related to my comments in the previous paragraph. I'd like a bigger audience. Social networking and some ad space would surely fix that, but there's only two of us. It's not easy.

Next on my personal review list might be Devil May Cry. I've seen it before, and it's insane. I need a simple show to cure my anime malaise. And after that, I think that it's about time I review one of my favorite shows, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The biggest problem I'll have with that show is also the most obvious one: what the hell is a Stand Alone Complex? There are hundreds of explanations online, none of which are satisfactory. Can I do any better? Well, I've been reading a book titled Foundations of Social Theory in order to better understand the issues at work in the series. I'll be reading many more texts in order to understand Kamiyama's vision. Wish me luck!

As far as Alex's next review is concerned, I'm not sure what he's watching now. I trust him enough to let him do as he pleases. I'll let everyone know what he's up to one he tells me. Until then, expect Eden of the East and Eureka Seven within the next few days. Thanks for the support, everyone.

- Elijah Lee
Editor-in-Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment