Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Musings of the Editor-in-Chief


Hello ladies and gentlemen. This is Elijah Lee, creator of The Anime Guardians. It's been awhile since I've reported on the status of our blog, so I feel obliged to let readers know how things have been going and what to expect in the coming weeks.


I have been attending jury duty these past couple days and I am to attend again tomorrow. This takes up a lot of my day. As you know I'm currently watching Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit; I finished my first run through the series at 4:30AM this morning, and at night is the only time I can watch the show until my jury duty is finished. I must say, I really enjoyed seeing Moribito for the first time. I'm tempted to write my review after only the first viewing; the narrative is easy to follow and I did not get confused at any point. But I will hold myself to the two-viewing standard I have established for myself.

School will start for me on Wednesday. As far as watching anime is concerned, it will be difficult to do unless I make a scheduled time every day to watch shows and films. I do not see this being a major issue. An anime review a week would be the slowest rate I could possibly blog. I have yet to review films; these would be fairly simple to review due to brevity, and the idea that I would review those in the same casual, single-viewing style I write my "A Few Thoughts On" entries.

After Moribito I am not certain of what to review next. I would prefer to watch a shorter series; Rideback is a persistent thought that refuses to leave my mind. Devil May Cry would also be cool. I will certainly watch Howl's Moving Castle because of Moribito's similarity to Miyazaki aesthetics. As far as the next long series I will watch, I really want to see Eureka Seven. That is an understatement; I would love to see Eureka Seven. It's always looked interesting to me and I think it's about time I gave it a shot. It's 50 episodes long, an ambitious project for The Anime Guardians indeed. I look forward to the challenge.

Until next time, take care. I pray you've enjoyed the site's reviews thus far. Please tell your friends and acquaintances about the blog. Thanks for your love and support.

- Elijah Lee
Editor-in-Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment