Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Musings of the Editor-in-Chief


Hello world, this is Elijah Lee, currrently the mastermind behind The Anime Guardians. I hope everyone is having a great start to their new year. Fortunately, I'm currently on vacation from college until the end of January, allowing me to spend much of my time on making blog material. As will usually be the case, I'm just writing to let you guys know how the blog is operating. I don't plan on making these "Musings of the Editor-In-Chief" too personal; emailing me with any inquiries or concerns should suffice for the more curious readers out there.


I'm in the middle of watching Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 for the second time. I watch a show twice before reviewing; the first time is simply to enjoy the show, while the second time is for note-taking and trying to understand loose ends that I perceive during the first run. It's a fun job. I don't get paid to do this of course, but it's something I truly enjoy. It isn't often people do things they aren't otherwise assigned to do, or do because they really should be done. My only gripe would be that recently my mother downgraded from cable internet to high-speed broadband DSL, which makes watching shows difficult because of slower streaming speeds. I wish she would have asked what the difference was before making such a decision. But in any case the issue should be resolved once I head back to my dorm at Purchase College and use the very fast internet service up there.

The advent of my college return might provide some unwelcome changes in how I manage the blog. I currently have the luxury of watching about thirteen episodes and writing a review within a five day span. Then again, FLCL, Canaan and Birdy are shorter shows, which is why I chose them as the opening shows in my blog. Once I get back to school, I aim to perform at a similar pace. A review a week would be reasonable, and I'll try watching a series only once, taking notes after every episode in order to consolidate my work and quickly write an effective review.

Next on The Anime Guardians' review list will likely be Ergo Proxy. It's a twenty-three episode anime and I'm certain it only has a single season, which is drastically different from the first three shows I've reviewed. I'll try wrapping that show up in a week. We'll see. Wish me luck, guys!

- Elijah Lee
Editor-in-Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment