Thursday, May 24, 2012

Musings of the Editor in Chief



With the end of my third year of college dawns another chapter of my life: summertime! It would be lovely to chill at home and do nothing but continue to review anime, but I don't have that luxury. I will certainly find work within the next few weeks, hopefully at a movie theater. But in the meantime, let me tell you guys what I've been up to, as well as divulge what direction the blog will be going in this summer.

Running the blog during the end of the semester was a pain in the ass, truth be told. I had one major project to complete that involved designing a mock museum exhibition. My group had a model built and everything, and as horrible as our presentation was we still got an awesome grade. I also had to take two final exams, write two papers and continue to work at my internship while the academic world seemed to crash down around me.  I couldn't find time to relax much and play my XBOX 360 or hang with friends. When I took breaks from studying, I watched the new Fujiko Mine and Eureka Seven Ao episodes, mitigating the frustration my work put me through. As it turns out, I received straight A's for all of my classes, so kudoz to me!

Within the next few days Alex (ABC) should be putting up his Code Geass review. I've never seen it but I always hear good things about it. I'm currently watching Fractale and loving it thus far. Alex and I have an interesting dynamic when it comes to watching shows in that he usually watches things that are highly praised by the anime community at large. I, on the other hand, love looking for random anime and often get through a lot off odd shows in order to find anime gems. There's been a few anime productions I've watched but never wrote reviews for, such as the Black Rock Shooter movie and I"s Pure. They were okay but I'm not sure of how to review them. Similarly Alex watched Gantz a while back but found it difficult to write on. It goes to show that there's a lot going on behind the scenes of The Anime Guardians website.

Speaking of highly praised anime, I announced back in March that I would be reviewing Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I've seen the series a few times now and can probably review it without watching it again, but I feel that in order to be as "fair" and "impartial" as can be, I should watch it again. If there's one issue Alex must have when reviewing, it's that his opinions on popular shows can easily upset a fan base if he doesn't absolutely love the show. I am a huge fan of the Ghost in the Shell franchise, but I'm not going to assume it to be perfect. Expect a reasonable review from me.

I'll leave my audience at that. Look forward to our upcoming reviews, and thanks for following the website. Sayonara!


Elijah Lee
Editor in Chief of The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment