Sunday, April 15, 2012

MUSINGS OF THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF


It's been some time since I wrote a "Musings" entry, which speaks to the difficulties I'm having maintaining the blog in general. But it's still getting done, so no one has to worry too much. A little bit of time management goes a long way, especially when school grows increasingly intensive as the academic year comes to a close.


I have to thank my close friends for helping keep the website afloat over the past few weeks. The week before my Spring Break I was swamped with work and found myself unable to watch any anime. The last review I had written at the time was for Ghost in the Shell 2.0. But during the beginning of the break an old friend from elementary school sent his review for Macross Frontier my way. Alex, the website's other contributing writer, sent me a copy of his Baccano! review soon after. Most recently my friend Tom (who chose the alias "Fallettus" for his review) covered Gotham Knight. At that point, several weeks after my pre-Spring Break hiatus, I had finally found myself with enough time to get the long overdue Kaze no Stigma completed and posted. I think it's safe to say that I'll be able to get back on track and write reviews on a regular basis, thanks to the extra contributions of my closest friends.

Stand Alone Complex is slated to get reviewed after Kaze no Stigma, so I will surely get to work on that when I can. Unfortunately this week promises to be incredibly busy, so I'll probably review a few other short series and films before tackling Kenji Kamiyama's brilliant work. I"s Pure is a light-romance OVA I started last night, so I will surely write about that in the next few days. Alex/ABC says he will likely do a Gantz review soon. He also recently finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is something I've been wanting to see for some time now. So many shows, so little time...

I encourage everyone to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, which can be accessed using the links at the top-right of the page. Sayonara!


Elijah Lee
Editor-in Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment