Saturday, January 26, 2013

Updates

** Update: As of May 2013 my senior project is completed and titled "Establishing a Post-human Identity through Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell and Innocence Films." It can be found on the Post-humanity tab above, and is available in PDF format.




Hey everybody, Nelson speaking. Time to let everyone know what's going on as of late, and why posting has been hilariously erratic on The Anime Guardians.

I've finally done it, and by "it" I mean reached my final semester of college. I've got my senior project and graduation to think about before finally beginning the rest of my life. Yeah, my impending adulthood feels more like a journey into a dark tunnel with an ominous light at the end. I've no idea what awaits. Perhaps I'll work in a museum, which seems the likely course so long as I go with the flow. Maybe I'll become a fighter pilot, a childhood dream of mine. Maybe I'll publish a book. Who knows. Everything's up in the air.

Although I've been watching plenty of anime, I haven't written much as of late. I'm gonna stick to writing entries about the cyberpunk shows I've been studying. Mardock Scramble's second film was released this year, so I gotta snag a DVD copy. I'll be focusing on anime from the beginning of 2000 from now on instead of reaching far back into the 1980s and 1990s.

I'll still be posting, just at random times. I'm still fighting the good fight.


Nelson Rolon
Editor in Chief at The Anime Guardians
anime.guardians03@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment