Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Sore Throat Blues

So I've been sick with some ambiguous throat infection flu thing, and now I've lost my voice. Every time I try to speak, I sound like a caveman grunting English for the first time. Anyway, here's some of what I've been up to this week:


1. Finished Katawa Shojou on the Lilly Satou Arc

Those of you around for my depressing post-graduation days might recall my article on visual novel Katawa Shojou, "Life After Immersive Video Games." I grew fond of pipsqueak sprinter Emi Ibarazaki and then felt lonely after beating the game. I eventually played again, and I most recently beat the Lilly arc, which was pleasant. I'm pretty sure she's the character the creators favored, like how Liara's obviously the main female in Mass Effect.


2. Watching Chaos;Head on Netflix

My friend Leslie used to marathon anime back at college, which is how I wound up seeing a lot of interesting shows. Tried it again this week with Chaos;Head. The show follows some delusional otaku who's getting photos of murders that haven't happened yet. Worse, he might be the one committing the murders. Despite the potential, not much has happened in the anime. There's a lot of build-up that is taking a while to go anywhere, and I can only watch our crazed protagonist lose his mind for so long. The verdict's still out on this one.

Drawn by Mushiboy.
3. Kill la Kill

You've just gotta watch it, guys. It's Gurren Lagann, but more female-centered. And I can't get enough of that Lady Satsuki. Her badassery is delicious.


4. Space Dandy

While the first episode wasn't spectacular to me, the second episode was surprisingly funny. If not for the fact that I can't use my vocal chords, I would have laughed out loud several times. I wound up snickering silently and slapping the couch and clapping my hands. This being mute thing is so weird. Space Dandy is worth a try for anyone who still hasn't seen it.


That's all I've got for now. Keep your otaku game strong, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment